This week, I’m out in LA doing what I do best – slinging Lumi. The life of a traveling juice saleswoman doesn’t necessarily facilitate time for workouts, but it’s necessary for sanity.
This trip, I had the wonderful opportunity to workout with Nicky Holender in Santa Monica. Nicky, a former professional soccer player, trains many A-List celebrities like Gordon Ramsay, Mel B (aka Scary Spice) and Gerard Butler to get them into shape and keep their slamming bodies.
I am still shocked and incredibly grateful that he made time for me – the no-name girl from Charlottesville, VA. After spending 60 minutes with Nicky, I have totally bought into his Epic Lifestyle, and you should too.
1. First and foremost, his positive energy and enthusiasm is contagious – you bust your butt because you don’t want to let him down
2. He rapidly recognizes your weaknesses and promptly exploits them
3. You feel like you’re back at preseason sports camp, which reinvigorates feelings of competitive nostalgia and maybe, just maybe, you aren’t as old as your numeric age?
4. He targets your total body with minimal breaks and consistent flow to keep your heart rate up and your mind focused, i.e. there is no time to feel tired
5. He understands food. So much so that he convinced me – a carnivore & cheese- loving aficionado - to try a vegan Mexican restaurant – Gracias Madre
6. His workouts demonstrate that just because you can run on a treadmill at 9 mph for 5 minutes, doesn’t mean you’re in shape
7. He gives new meaning to shoulder circles
8. There is a significant difference between “CrossFit” Burpees, and Nicky’s Burpees from Hell
9. He’s smart and you can trust him to push you to your limit, but not to the point of injury
10. Even though you’d like to “HUMI” (Hate yoU, Mean It) him by minute 9 in your 60 minute workout, you really only “LUMI” him because your body transforms in real-time
Big thanks to you Nicky, and for all of you looking for a serious workout follow Nicky Holender! Sign up here with Nicky and Radius Fitness and get a free month of serious exercises.
Photo from instagram @nickyholender
Love yoU, Mean It!