- 2/3 cup course cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/8 cinnamon powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp chia seeds soaked in water until swollen and softer
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any unsweetened nut milk)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
- Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- 5 Lumi Juice Hot Shots
- 2 mint stems
- 3-4 tbsp light agave
- fresh mint
- powdered sugar (optional)
1. In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, all purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon – whisking together until combined well. Separately, mix together the almond milk and oil. Make a little well in the middle of the mixture, and pour in the almond milk mixture, and using a wooden spoon or spatula, gently combine together until you don’t see anymore grainy streak of cornmeal. Add in the chia seeds and mix until jut combined – do not over mix. Let the batter rest (no need to put in the fridge) for at least 10-15 minutes.
2. While the batter rests, make the syrup. In a small saucepan, combine the hotshots, mint and agave. Mix until combine. Set over medium-high flame and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and allow the mixture to simmer. Simmer for about 15 minutes until mixture reduces and becomes thick – almost like a syrup. Remove from the flame and carefully remove the mint stems and discard. Set aside to cool.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium flame, spray with cooking spray an once its hot, pour in 1/4 cup amount of batter into the pan. Cook until top begins bubbling and flip. Cook for another minute – pancake should be slightly golden brown and remove to a platter. Repeat until batter is complete.
4. Stack the pancakes high in individual plate or a large platter, top with strawberries, fresh mint, and drizzle with hotshot syrup. YUM!!
Check Out Chef's Priyanka's Blog: http://www.chefpriyanka.com/cornmeal-pancakes-with-hotshot-syrup/
Leave a comment